Sora provides the quickest and easiest way to get started with digital titles from our school. Students can simply log
in using school credentials and instantly access hundreds of eBooks and audiobooks on virtually any device.
Sora is your gateway to the best selection of ebooks and audiobooks available to schools, spanning millions of titles from
thousands of publishers. With a catalog for all interests and abilities, Sora truly offers something for all readers
Standard typefaces are often difficult to read for students with dyslexia as the letters are hard to differentiate and words tend to jumble together. Dyslexic fonts provide greater contrast in letters which solves this problem.
The Sora app and OverDrive’s browser-based format, OverDrive Read, all feature a dyslexic font option, making determining letters much easier so readers can focus on finding and enjoying their next great read.
In Sora, find your school, then sign in.
Browse the Explore tab and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading right away.
Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your books (including assignments). From there, you can:
OverDrive Read-Alongs deliver:
Learn more about OverDrive Read-Alongs here.
Only Sora enables students to browse and borrow ebooks and audiobooks from the local public library AND their school’s digital collection. Getting started is easy:
Perks for teachers, perks for students:
• Assignments: Assigned books show up automatically and expire on a due date set by teachers.
• Achievements: Students earn badges by reading books and using Sora app features, increasing engagement and making reading fun!
• Notes and Highlights: Students can make notes and highlights within Sora as they read or export them to PDF, CSV, and Google Drive to share you with teachers.
• Reading Stats: Sora tracks number of books read, student reading time, time per book, and more. Review one on one to set student reading goals!
• Public Library Access: Students can browse, search, and borrow books from the public library to ensure they have immediate access to the content they need.